This was an ego-buster workout today. I wanted to go heavier, but relented when coach said to go lighter. I may know my body, but not always best. To help my ego understand, I'll ask him why he thought that.
Press 1-1-1 to max @ 80-85-90-95f
I failed at 95#, but will keep working on it. I got good tips on using glut & lats. Need to work on it more!
30-20-10 Metcon @ 7:38
* Sumo-deadlift high-pull (55#)
* Burpees
65# would have slowed me, but I think I would've hit the 12min cap. I'll get there soon enough, though. Will definitely try heavier on SDHP next time and keep my head and chest up. Those burpees gassed me out big time but I didn't break until the middle round (which tends to be where my mental endurance lacks). I was slow, but steady and didn't stop - I think it helped me a lot.
Great energy in the box tonight. Was thinking of Alma and memories of chemo ... much worse and for a lot longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment