30.1.10

20100130 Training: Dirty South!

Today’s training was accomplished at the new and fabu CrossFit WestLoop (one of the 2 CFC locations). I really like having all the space and am looking forward to getting myself on that sled on a regular basis. Climbing, yoga, and running won’t quite prepare me for dragging a 70lb sled with another 50-60lbs on my back . . . so all the variety CrossFit brought me will be welcome indeed. Well, rowing, double-unders, and box jumps . . . they are unnatural exercises and spawns of Satan
. . . anyway! Here’s what I worked on today:

Strength Conditioning:
Jerk 3-3-3+  (Target 63%-72%-81% @ 1RM +5#)

Metabolic conditioning:
Workout #3 from 2009 Dirty South Crossfit Games Regional
8 minute AMRAP of:
  • 5 Clean and Jerk (Sectional Athletes 135/95) or (60% of 1RM jerk)
  • 10 CTB pull-ups Optional Post WOD 3x max ring dips (90 seconds rest)
AMRAP = as many rounds as possible

Jerk: 85(3)-95(3)-115(4)-125(f)

Lifts felt solid until I went over 100. Clearly, my strength isn’t back yet, but I’m confident it will be soon. My goal is to be back to 100% (135# 1RM) by mid-February, then attempt a PR sometime in March. Ultimately, I want to be able to jerk Matt’s weight. So maybe if we starve him some and I pump up a lot, this dream could become a reality ;)


Metcon:  5 rounds, 2 pullups
Yeah, this one was tough. I had to redo a few reps because I didn’t have the right movements on the first round and needed to find my rhythm. Once I did, I wasn’t super fast, but I didn’t break any C&J’s. Pullups were CTB for the first 3 rounds, then to chin. Broke pullups in 5s, then in 3s. Not enough strength to go bandless, but I’m getting there.

Speaking of progress, I can’t say enough how much I appreciate having such good coaches to keep the movements legit and help me get more efficient. As small as improvements are and as slow as I am, their help has made a difference and the results are beginning to show. I find that certain coaches (and even regular members) are especially helpful with certain things. I really appreciate the community in spite of the fact that the cost of membership is rather high.

No comments:

Post a Comment