12.1.10

20101112 Snacks Throughout the Day

This is the food I ate throughout the day in between classes

I'm finding that if I cook/prep/pack the food in the portions I want in ziplocks, they keep pretty well and I can just grab, eat, and go. Also, mixing the nuts, jerky, and vegetables into 1 big bag lets them absorb some of each others' flavours - which turned out quite tasty. I may add herbs to the mix for tomorrow.

- mixed nuts - 1/2 lb
- beef jerky - 1 lb
- raw broccoli - 1/2 lb (about 1 large head)
- raw celery - 1/2 bunch (about 5 full stalks)
- small apple
- 2 bananas
- tuna fish - 10oz pouch

Took me about 4 meal/snack times to complete this by 10pm. I really need to go shopping so that I can mix it up and have a little variety - I've been reading on some of these blogs that broadening the nutrient range allows for more efficient use of food as fuel

No comments:

Post a Comment