I'm glad I took yesterday
off because I was pretty thrashed from the last 3 days of functional drills
and heavy lifting. not to mention the fact that my recovery is of a 40-year
old and NOT a 25 year old. so I may still be able to maintain a solid level
of performance, but recovery from pushing hard takes longer. it's a
physiological fact. To get the same results as those 15 years younger than
me, I have to work harder.. and working harder means longer recovery.
Truthfully, I'm just thrilled to be healthy, fit enough for the climb, and
able to manage recovery enough where I'm not tooooo slowed down (as if this
is possible . I AM La Tortuga after all). Having said all that, here's how
things ran today.
Gymnastics: worked on muscleups and butterflies. I can string 3-5 kipping
pull-ups and deadhangs, but muscleups and butterflies are still on the list.
Got into my transition from the muscleup but lost the ring dip when my
elbows flared out . gah. So after 3-4 more attempts, I worked on butterfly
movement and getting better at my kipping pullup. Lots of opportunity to
improve here.
Metcon: 8min AMRAP @ 4 rounds, 1 f-squat
- 4 power cleans @ 85lbs
- 6 front squats @ 85lbs
- 8 box jumps @ 21"
Power cleans not a problem at all - it was the quad-burning front squats
that gave me trouble. that and the fact that I'm still slow with box jumps
as well. I could keep going, I was just slow and lost my unbroken momentum
around the 3rd round. Lost a few reps here and there for bad form on box and
squat (quel surprise!). Glad I went lighter though because I tend struggle
with squats in general. not sure why that is, but just another thing to work
on. I'm flexible, pretty strong, and can do them - just not consistently. Go
figure. I guess can't be perfect. but I can be hard-working!
Generally speaking, I'm dealing with a lot of stress coming into the home
stretch before the expedition and finals next week, but I feel ok. For those
who know me, I am true to form . when hell breaks loose and crisis ensues,
I'm the one who gets calm and pulls everyone out of the hole. However, if
given too much time to over-think, over-analyse, and brood, I'm a mess and
my own worst enemy.
Diet: 7
Sleep: 6
Stress: 8
Soreness: 5
Energy level: 6
Mental strength: 8
Phys Strength: 6
No comments:
Post a Comment