Woo! Fun first day back at the CFC box! Sooo luxurious
compared to our gritty home CF garage (and significantly warmer!). Also
didn't realise how much a goof I am until Carlo, Anj and Randy reprised a
few stories ... even Bryce chimed in about how Ben would get me fired up,
how badly I used to run (still kinda do), or how scary my rowing looked.
(embarrassing, but that's CFC love for ya ... I think?) I may be 3 months
out of shape, but I've still come a long way since last year.
Having said that...
Overhead Squat 5-5-5 @ 75-85-90
Metcon @ 5:40
30-20-10 Reps
Deadlift (110)
Wall Ball (12)
Post - BB Step-ups 5-5-5/leg
I put a bigger focus on quality (movement) over quantity (weight) today.
So I went lighter than RX'd because I thought this would be a good
opportunity to "re-baseline". WB felt good overall but the coaches noticed
that the bottom of my DLs were sloppy (turtle back, ugh I soo gotta work
on that). I allowed myself to break once per round and (apprently) only
spewed 2 bad words. The coaches and a few fellow CF'ers were so
disappointed, they called me soft... never a dull moment!
Truth be told, I was just beaming and thrilled to see everyone ... even
had to hug Bryce. Lots of new faces and green shirts. Even walking around
and seeing all the new equipment and cubbies made me get a little mushy
inside.
I read that "CF-Devotees" are a little fanatical in the non-CF media ...
but with all due respect, I suspect these folks have never really enjoyed
the taste of a supportive, tight-knit community like this ... the kind
that welcomes you "home" after being gone for as short a time as 3 months.
Stress: 5
Strength: 70%
Mental energy: 7
Physical energy: 7
Health: asthma still sucks but breathing better today. A lot of congestion
lately, though.
Diet: slightly naughty bunny, but not "awful"
Sleep: 7 hours next to "Mr-I-Shake-The-Walls-Snoring". He's lucky I'm
crazy in love with him and that he's so cute it hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment