30.1.11

march first

Ok. I need to call it out. I've had enough with making little notes, saving bookmarks, blog entry complaints about sore days, writing
little outlines, drafting templates, and making excuses. This is not me and this is not how I operate.

March 1st is when I will start training in earnest. We agreed to climb Denali again in 2012. That gives me about 15 months to get ready for the
season...

... and (as of today), I have approximately 4 weeks to get it together, do the research, recruit some help, really plan this thing out, and get organized. Last year was ok, but that’s it. It was ok. Matt and I are going to climb unguided (completely on our own), carrying everything (no sharing of the loads, which will probably increase weight to 140-145; roughly 15-20lbs more), and. Maybe if I let these facts sink in a bit, I’ll start to get that sense of urgency and intensity that I am sorely missing.

Given how much I struggled last year with school and moving, this will be no treat. I still have to plan for our wedding in October, get the house
renovations done, get the 501c3 filing done for the foundation, and finish the stuff I’m doing for this semester. Methinks some things will have to
give.

I have a number of big decisions to make. This is going to be a rough 4 weeks.

* sleep: 4 (this is problematic and a legitimate concern)
* stress: 8 (still too much going on)
* health: 75% (keep waking up congested)
* diet: 4 (better, but not great … rice made an appearance)
* physical energy: 6 (see all of the above)
* mental energy: 6 (ditto)

No comments:

Post a Comment