16.2.10

20100215 Training: 80 days left

Press 5-5-5+ of 1rm+5lbs @ 58.5%, 67.5%, 76.5%
58-68-78(4)

Ugh! So weak! It's just taking me so long to recover. I want to be 30 again so that I can bounce
back right away after being sick. Sheeesh.

... by the way, Weight Math IS different than Normal Math. For some reason, I thought my first round
would be 84#, so I loaded it and wondered why it seemed so heavy for a first round ... I could FEEL
the coaches rolling their eyes as they laughed and shook their heads. Time to readjust and get to
business.

The 1st round felt smooth, 2nd round was a little tougher, but the 3rd gave me trouble. I was pretty
frustrated that 78# would do that after 3 reps given that I can usually power through weight like
this less awkwardly. Keep working...

Metcon 5 Rounds @ 6:10 (plus or minus 1 round of push presses)
15 Push press (55#)
15 Box jumps (21")

Right. So this is embarrassing. Not only did it take me too long to get set up and psyched, but I
managed to drop my IQ along the way as well. I had it in my head that we started with box jumps so I
did my 5 rounds ... believing my last round was push presses ... only to realize that I did a 6th
extra round when I called time and Coach got a puzzled look on her face...

As punishment, I got teased relentlessly ... again ... nothing worse than being ganged up on by
Paws, BeeDub, and Mango all at once.

3x max push ups (90s rest) @ 15-10-8

Improving. Wish I could do more. I want to be able to bang out 25 each round

Posted via email from Tery's Bits & Bobs

No comments:

Post a Comment