17.5.11

Tuesday 5/17: Paleo Challenge Day 2

What my insides prolly look like IMG_20110516_191343
This is a before and after photo of my range today. I cleaned it for the first time by myself - Yay! (Don’t judge! I’m still learning!) ... mayhaps a visual of my digestive system given the glutens, starches, and sugars I’ve been over-enjoying! But hey, that’s where I let myself go ... and every day is an opportunity to clean things up! I think I’ll keep these photos handy as a reminder of what will happen if I don’t take better care of myself.

Today’s WOD @ 26:46 (?)

1K Row
50 Pull-ups
50 Wall Balls
100 Double-Unders
500M Row
25 Pull-ups
25 Wall Balls
50 Double-Unders

Woo! I loved this chipper, but my body didn’t do what I was telling it to, so I let myself get angry. That helped, but then somewhere during pullups, I broke down and grabbed a purple band. First time in a year … Ego CRUSHED! Body awareness and squat movements also annoying because WBs were not hitting depth consistently even with 10#. Then I got flustered, did 30 WB instead of 25, and took :10+ on breaks. DU’s weren’t consistent either (5s, 10s, 15s?!). I ended up with 26:something-who-cares-cause-I-was-lazy-and-didn’t-earn-it! Went home, did GHDs and worked on front squats in shame! Lesson for today was more mental than physical. Loads of opportunities to improve!


IMG_20110517_113050IMG_20110517_075443 Breakfast @ 07:52
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1c grapes
  • 20oz black coffee
  • 12oz bottle of water
  • Vitamins E, multi, and gingko biloba

    Didn’t have the appetite to finish the grapes or coffee, so I set them aside for my next meal

  • IMG_20110517_105620 Lunch #1 @ 10:55
  • Finished the grapes, coffee, & avocado
  • 8oz beef tenderloin
  • 1L nalgene of water & lemon
  • broccoli/red pepper mix
  • chunk turkey jerky (craving salt)

    I gobbled this up right when I returned from the box

  • IMG_20110517_112733
    Lunch #2
    @ 13:35
  • 1/2 lb poached chicken
  • 1 handful of dried cherries
  • 1 handful of almonds
  • still working on 1L nalgene
  • IMG_20110517_162713
    Snack #1
    @ 16:35
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • handful of cherries
  • 1.5 tbs almond butter
  • 1 handful turkey jerky
  • IMG_20110515_095209 Dinner-ish @ 19:22
  • 1 paleo pack (almonds, walnuts, turkey jerky, and cranberries)
  • 1 chicken breast  (oops. didn’t make it into photo because I was hungry...)
  • ranking from 1-10 today…
    sleep: 7
    diet: 9 (2x yay!)
    health: 9
    recovery: 9
    physical energy: 7 (I took 3 points off for too much energy?!)
    mental energy: 7 (see above ... I felt kinda hyper)
    stress: 7 (personal stuff)

    Notes:

    I am enjoying the fact that my appetite is handling all this food well and I’m not craving the junk food like I thought I would ... but then again, it’s only day 2 and I feel good overall ... but we’ll see in another week. So far, my body has been responding well to my “re-ramp-up”, I’m going into training with a lot more knowledge and skills this time (thanks to the CFC Crew), and I’m trying to listen more and stick to good habits (my ego wants to go balls out and just lift a shitload of weight).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment