WOD @ home
5 Rounds @ 23:44
5 Wall Climbs
10 Burpees
10 KB Snatch (per arm)
Rest 2 minute
… the rest in between made a HUGE difference in recovering for next round … I kinda wish I thought to track time per round, though
KB Snatch was awkward at first, but when I figured it out, they went unbroken. I really like wall climbs but burpees…not so much. We have a tumultuous relationship
Skills @ CFC
Did the Foundations class with Kurt and Rachel @ 7pm to work on ROM integrity. Foundations class is really great – learned new ways of doing old things and got opportunity to nick bad habits. Really, really great!
Lesson learned: Climbing makes me quad-dominant so a few glute/ham cues (“rotating dinner plate” and “stretching the string”) made a big difference. Will have to work on this a lot so I don’t default to old habits in WODs.
Self-analysis: I can really see a difference in performance working out at CFC and @ home. I recognize the pack animal in me and the need for group stimuli to push through or get aggressive. Not sure if it’s influenced growing up in a large family or always being part of a climbing team, but I work best with at least 1 person there “mushing” me. I thought about this a lot and realise that if Matt and I are climbing solo, I need to be more self-motivating and self-disciplined. Don’t get me wrong, I can still do it, I’m just saying I observed better performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment