- 10 Hang Power Cleans @ 75#
- 10 burpees
- 30 double-unders
Arguably one of my most favorite lifts, hang power cleans are v-reminiscent of picking up a backpack ... something mountaineering makes climbers accustomed to ... they went unbroken and moved quickly, but I see how there was an opportunity to improve efficiency by using my legs more than muscling it up with my arms – no reason to wear myself out when there were 50 burpees looming over me!
I broke very few times during double-unders, but incremental improvements in that area saved time given how much said burpees made me suffer... still, I refused to break during those even though fatigue slowed my pace. I may not be the fastest, but I’m steady!
I really loved this workout and was disappointed that I didn’t get to do it CFC (sodding repairman ruined my afternoon!) but tomorrow is another day
Pre-WOD/Strength
I wanted to work on deadlifts as RX’ed, but I’m going to save that for my next visit at CFC and when my toe heals ... it’s still pretty bruised and stings like heck when I put weight on it. I’d also like more eyes on my deadlifts because I have some bad habits to break and work to do.
So I did 4x10 GHDs instead and will surely feel it tomorrow!
Post-WOD
- 2x10 pistols on each side ... WOW! I have a lot of work to do ... Matt found my struggle very entertaining
- 4 x TTB @ 6-6-4-5 ... still struggling to string them ... arms are still a little sore from Wednesday’s AMRAP
- 10 Deadhang Pullups @ 3-3-2-2 ... ugh! I’m working these until I can pull 10 strict!
Notes: i have a lot of work to do over the next 11 months from a fitness perspective, but technical climbing work is going strong ... knots, fixed line ascents, working the ice axes, camp setup/breakdown. next step is to start seeing my friends at CF construct to flip tires, pull heavy sleds, and get more of those camp-packmule activities going again...
gotta love a good kick in the ass by eric, big john g, anderson, and drywall. they encourage and provide a safe environment for unleashing my inner neanderthal ;)
ranking from 1-10 ...
- sleep: 8
- diet: 9
- health: 7
- stress: 6
- recovery: 7
- mental energy: 7
- physical energy: 7
No comments:
Post a Comment