29.1.10

20100129 Training: One Day @ a Time

Strength: Front Squat 3-3-3+ (1RM 63%-72%-81% or find 1RM)
Metcon: "Jeremy"
3 rounds, 21-15-9 reps
  • Overhead Squats
  • Burpees

Front squats: 95(3)-115(3)-120(1)-125(f)
Tired myself out sitting in weak spot for too long as I tried to find the right depth - the fact that I'm still not fully recovered reared it's ugly head. Clearly, I still struggle with controlling how I get to proper depth and knowing where that is. In general, anything with a squat is a challenge.

I didn't get close to my 1RM PR of 145#, but it was good to work on getting full range of motion and control. It's going to take more than 3 weeks to get back, make progress, and set new PRs.

Metcon @ 6:55 w/55#
Had to redo a few reps to keep everything legit, but the WOD felt good and I was able to meet my 7min goal.
Truthfully, 50% would have been 72.5#, but metcon isn't fully back yet and I wanted to avoid breaking more than once per round. The 55# turned out to be about right - I broke once per round.

No comments:

Post a Comment