8.3.11

memories

Oh man, there are so many ... but there is 1 consistent theme: Bryce rolling his eyes and shaking his head as I regain post-wod consciousness. Yeah, everyone knows that smirk!

Seriously though, I think my most memorable moments were when Ben showed me how to do double-unders, when Rudy forced me to graduate from the baby-box-jump to the standard, and when Sarah taught me how to integrate power 10s into a long row. It's meant a lot to me especially because I started out as Little Miss sport-specific, "I'm a mountaineer, I don't jump". Ha!

I love the fact that CF changed more than my body,  but my whole view of performance and training.

Back then, I had nescience as an excuse. Now I only have laziness.

Metcon (home): 4 rounds ... barely

  • 5 Power cleans (205/135)
  • 50 Double-unders
    Checked my ego and scaled down to 120# in the hopes of keeping movement solid. From the video, I NOW UNDERSTAND what the coaches are talking about. WOW! Its AWFUL! I look like I have a strong neutral spine in the beginning, start my pull, go right into that turtle-back thing, but then straighten out when the bar gets just above the knee. I correct myself, but man-oh-man, the light when on when I saw what I was doing! (as soon as I can reduce the size of the video, I'll upload it). I also bought myself another jump rope. 

    For today, out of 10...

  • mental energy: 8
  • physical energy: 8
  • sleep: 6
    (OMG, matt is killing me with the snoring)
  • stress: 7.5
    (research, wedding planning, job hunting, and renovations are fun, but overwhelming)
  • health: 75%
    (My "girlfriend" is in town so I've got lower back soreness, cramps, and PMS. I even cried watching saving private ryan ... I never cry ... well, except after a chipper)
  • diet: 6
    (5 solid paleo meals and post/pre WOD endurance shakes ... i take off 4 for snacking on too many dried cherries today and popping 3 chocolate/bacon samples @ whole foods. i'm giving up the chocolate because matt managed to find and eat all of my chocolate stashes, but i think i have a serious dried cherry problem. they are tery-crack.)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment